- The most recent stable release of KBibTeX for KDE 4 is 0.6, released on 2015-Aug-09.
- A preview version of the next bugfix release of KBibTeX for KDE 4 is 0.6.0.95, released on 2016-August-26.
- The latest release for the previous stable branch is 0.5.2, released on 2015-Aug-09.
- For the bleeding edge code, you may want to give the Git master version a try:
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kbibtex
See the Download & Installation page for instructions.
There multiple ways how you can support KBibTeX, depending on your skills and interest:
- User with only little technical skills
- You can spread the word about KBibTeX. Tell your friends and colleagues how awesome KBibTeX is and how it can help them to manage bibliographies.
- Users with some technical skills
- You can work and test development versions both to enjoy new features and to find bugs. When you find bugs, write a bug report describing how to reproduce those bugs and provide test cases.
- Users with little programming skills
- Programing is no black magic. Improve the software by adding small things like tool tips. Your skills will grow with your contributions.
- Users with more programming skills
- You can start by digging through existing code. Once you have an idea how the code is structured, you can easily add new components such as import/export filters or new search engines.
- Rich Philanthropist
- Thanks to the generous support by Gna! and KDE, there are no direct costs in developing KBibTeX. However, if you insists on donating money, please send it to the KDE project or FSF France (who support Gna!).
The development source code is available through KDE's Git infrastructure at KDE Projects or
git clone git://anongit.kde.org/kbibtex. To search for bugs or report new ones, please go to KDE's official bug tracker.