KBibTeX for KDE 4 is under development, but already mature for most daily tasks.
It is recommended that you make regular backups of all your files when editing them with KBibTeX for KDE 4.
- The most recent stable release for KBibTeX for KDE 4 is 0.4.1, released on 2012-Oct-15.
- To test the code for the upcoming stable release of 0.5, you can fetch the second beta (0.5-beta2), released on 2013-Mar-10.
- For the bleeding edge code, you may want to give the SVN
trunkversion a try.
See the Download & Installation page for instructions.
There multiple ways how you can support KBibTeX, depending on your skills and interest:
- User with only little technical skills
- You can spread the word about KBibTeX. Tell your friends and colleagues how awesome KBibTeX is and how it can help them to manage bibliographies.
- Users with some technical skills
- You can work and test development versions both to enjoy new features and to find bugs. When you find bugs, write a bug report describing how to reproduce those bugs and provide test cases.
- Users with little programming skills
- Programing is no black magic. Improve the software by adding small things like tool tips. Your skills will grow with your contributions.
- Users with more programming skills
- You can start by digging through existing code. Once you have an idea how the code is structured, you can easily add new components such as import/export filters or new search engines.
- Rich Philanthropist
- Thanks to the generous support by Gna!, there are no direct costs in developing KBibTeX. However, if you insists on donating money, please send it to the KDE project or FSF France (who support Gna!).