| pyIrcServer 0.0.5.0 alpha RELEASED | 07 Jun 2005||
Finally the new version of pyIrcServer has been released after a really stalled developing time. Here is the more important changes:|
· Database interface to allow external real time updates
· XML configuration file
· Debugging messages for developers and testers
· Several important fixes for commands and socket operations
· New server-to-server protocol commands
Now try it and enjoy!
| LOTS of updates | 26 Feb 2005||
Two month later, i'm glade to announce some of the new improvements made against pyIrcServer:|
· First of all, you can find the XML configuration, which is more powerful and flexible than former
· The IRCd can now listen to multiple ports
· The command line option parser has been implemented. You can choose a different filename for your XML config.
· Added debugging informations for developers
· Several bug fixes
We have also updated the Features, Contact Us and Forum web pages
In this week i will restart updating the snapshot, and i'm going to make a base for the pyISAdmin (pyIrcServer Web Administration) through PostgreSQL.
After that, i'll release the new 0.0.5.0-alpha version of the IRCd and will start making oper and linking features.
| Development Status | 18 Jan 2005||
Maybe you have seen that snapshots are not updated anymore. The cause is that i'm making an XML version of the configuration file and this requires an amount of changes on each file.|
The purpose of this change is to give a simple format of the pyIS Config against users.
Although XML is the more readable and flexile format, i would like to create a graphical tool under console (for Linux) which makes the config file for you without touching XML!
| pyIS 0.0.4.0 alpha FIX | 23 Dec 2004||
We found a bad error just after releasing the new version of pyIS 0.0.4.0 alpha, then we want you to patch your own pyIS to let it work fine.
Click here to get the patch and more informations about the bug now!
| pyIrcServer 0.0.4.0 alpha RELEASED | 19 Dec 2004||
As we promised in the previous news, we released the new alpha version of the pyIrcServer.|
We made many features and fixed some bugs. The 0.0.3.x package has been discountinued because of the new improvements and updates for Python 2.4.x.
The most important things we changed are:
· First of all there's a simple implementation of link to servers and multiprotocols.
· Now you can add, remove and reload modules on the fly by using the /ENGINE command directly from IRC.
· The code has been cleaned and decorated to let developers make good looking scripts.