2006-07-25 : a new contributor is born !
And what a contributor : Jason Hildebrand provides pymserv new features and a debian package !
new features detail
- queue tracks from browser window
- queue albums from browser window
these features are available in the CVS.
According to Jason, you can find a debian package for pymserv in his personal repository at
If you want to
apt-get install it, add the following line to your
2004-11-02 : big commit in the CVS
I made a big commit today in the CVS. It adds to PyMServ a browser window, to browse albums, tracks, and give rates.
I believe some bugs will come to me after this commit, I will make my best to fix them. I am realizing
that I need to rewrite large parts of PyMServ to make it a little cleaner. I will try to use more
Python properties and to rework the interface.
I also uploaded a few more screenshots, showing the console window and the browser window. See screenshots section
2004-10-08 : pymserv-0.1.1 is out !
One bug has been fixed : PyMServ was hanging when MServ played an unrated track.
See downloads section for instructions or pick it up here :
2004-10-06 : mailing list available
See section about for details.
2004-10-03 : initial publication
PyMServ is a graphical client for mserv, a music server.
It is written in
gconf to store prefs.
It is written by me, Nicolas Roman, from France. You can reach me at
gnicolasr (at) gmail (dot) com. The PyMServ icon was made
by a friend of mine, Olivier Boyer.
PyMServ is the first thing I made and would call "software", so please :
- if you are a
python/pygtkguru, have a look at the code and tell me what you think about it
- if you like it, drop me a line to tell me why
- if you don't like it, drop me a line to tell me why too, maybe your reasons are good ;-)
- if you would like a feature to be added to PyMServ, either send me mail or, even better, fill in a bug report !
PyMServ has a mailing list. It's called
pymserv-users, but you can
post a message related to any subject (in touch with PyMserv of course). You can subscribe to this list at
the PyMServ users list info page.
(Newest first) Click any image to get it full screen :
You can check out PyMServ via CVS anonymous access. More detailled instructions are available at the PyMServ CVS page
Source tarballs are available at PyMserv file repository page
Features / fixes to do on PyMServ before ...
- add handling of server stopping
- add handling of server reset/sync
gtk.Actionfor toolbar and menu items
- add tooltips to toolbar and menu items
- add all icons to stock
- shrink main window, re-do current track organization
- include i18n, l10, and
- browser for all albums and tracks
- other users information (who is connected, how they rated current/other tracks, connection/disconnection)
- add a command line window to use
mservas the telnet client